Wednesday, January 11

Tie Dye your Converse shoes


Wanna spruce up a pair of new white Converse kicks?  Make yours truly original with the help of Tulip® One-Step Tie Dye!  iLoveToCreate designer Allee Marderosian created this pair with just a few simple products. Here's how you make them!

Tie Dye Converse Kicks
by Allee Marderosian

Supplies:
– White converse
Tulip® Fabric Marker (black)
– spray bottle

How you do it:
1. Remove shoe laces and wet laces.  Mix up turquoise dye and soak/saturate laces in the dye.
2. Mix up brown and pink dyes and pour them into a plastic bowl. Carefully use sponge brushes to sponge on dye onto fabric, being very careful not to get the dye on the rubber areas.
3. Cover the shoes and laces each in their own bag (as not to mix the colors). Let set for 6-8 hours. 
4. Fully rinse dyed fabric in warm water until all extra dye is removed and water runs clear.
5. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for the fabric and a small amount of laundry soap.
6. Accent/doodle around selected areas with a black Tulip® Fabric Marker.

Allee says you can do your own color combinations and play with the colors.  If you're a little timid to try on a more expensive pair of shoes, you could always try this on plain canvas shoes until you are comfortable with your skills!

7 comments:

surfsnow said...

Wow!
i am very excited by seeing this Converse Footwear.Specially I like the color of shoes less.i will definitely gift buy this item to my special one...I enjoyed reading your article, many thanks….I love this whole look! You are amazing.
Converse Footwear

Unknown said...

That's a fun idea, I might have to try it out.

Anonymous said...

Fun idea, but the colors... ew...

JustMeLOL said...

Okay... Love the idea, but that brown?

Sophie Grace said...

I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting. Please go to our site webstagram to see top hashtag on instagram.

Arnold DK said...

Nice blog, The shoes of Converse Company are good and costly. I have told you with my good tricks that I liked it. whatsapp mod

Anonymous said...

I would totally love to do this😍And I love the colors as well I just really wish I could get the tie die kit
Are you a Christian??

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics
Pin It button on image hover

Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required
I am interested in products and inspiration for...
Close